1.4

My attorney put in her notes... "Throughout most of this representation, client has not quite grasped the trust account/fee requirements & there has been difficulty setting realistic expectations." It was severely insulting to hear when the only one not keeping things in the realistic range is her.

Why does she spend over budget instead of finding ways to be more efficient? I put down a large retainer and had plenty to handle what they had laid down as an expectation but blew past it quickly and without the least bit of remorse. Even when my TOTAL funds remaining were $101.50. I wrote, please don't spend a penny more of it without resolving with me the following disagreement and you receive my authorization to move forward on the case!

Before it was all said and done, they even pushed the account into the negative balance by about $130. They did agree to waive that fee which exhausted their generosity. I offered to allow them to finish what they had started and said they could keep any amount they could get the court to award to cover their additional fees up to all of them and they completely and without much apparent thought rejected that idea. I have paid Cordell & Cordell $4,303.50.

This is truly out of the realm of realistic expectations and here is why... When I came into your office, and paid $100 to talk about my case to the lady that preceded the opening talk with our attorney Laura Johnson, she reviewed our case and set the expectation for the total to be in the ballpark of $1,800 to $2,500. We told her that we could handle that amount and proceeded with hiring Cordell and Cordell because we believed that they would truly be a great advocate for us. Hey, they are the male advocates, RIGHT?

We then came in and talked with the attorney who asked the exact same questions that had been covered in the previous meeting which made it seem like that second visit was a total waste of time. We asked for clear examples of what they needed to have us provide but Laura seemed offended by this. She acted like we already had what we needed to proceed. At least she indicated that we wouldn't have to go through mediation which we really saw no point in doing.

We tried to send what she wanted but realized that there was a HUGE gap between expectations. She put in much effort to make the information we provided conform to her expectations. She then proceeded to review the documents on MULTIPLE occasions even during weeks when nothing was going on. When Laura finally submitted our Order to Show Cause, the court rejected it and sent us to mediation.

At this point we were already way over budget and the only result that all that effort produced was the one thing we had wished NOT to do and were told would not be required, mediation was required by the court. Considering the dwindling amount in the account, I specifically asked My attorney Laura not to go to the mediation because I needed to save the money I had for handling things at trial. I told her that my ex wouldn't concede to any of my lawful demands and it turned out that I was precisely right. Even after that request indicating that I didn't have any more to spend, she still spent an additional $427 just to arrange for the mediation!!!

When I talked to her about the next step after the mediation, she said that she couldn't do anything until the reserves were caught up. I anticipated that she would find a way to make her work conform to the expectations your firm set up at the onset but that has never been the way she conducts business. Now we were facing the resubmitting and trial with no finances remaining. The $4,303.50 ONLY BOUGHT A GREAT DEAL OF FRUSTRATION.

Aside from having completed a pointless mediation, no progress has been made. NOT IN THE LEAST! I can't even get my ex to allow a 30-minute visitation. There is no way we can trust that Laura would stay on budget.

What would the budget be if there was one? We have no assurance that she could get the court to reimburse her obnoxiously high legal fees. In the end, we have done everything within our power to get to a happy result, spent a fantastically high price to get ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE meaningful. Aaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhh!

Worse than even that, her latest communication suggested that my position is going to be fraught with problems because I won't be able to prove that I've actively been bypassing the blockades put up by my former spouse. It would have been massively more helpful to know what my case would be like more realistically at the onset. *** NO!!!! Don't do it!

These guys are complete and total scammers.

They might help you if you have 3 to 4 times what the fee should be. Otherwise I believe you are ONLY wasting your money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cordell And Cordell Attorney.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 23, 2017.

Comments